MrsGulp

Friday 4 August 2017

When My Time Is Done

So, I've just been sat in a meeting and something that someone said in that meeting made me think about when my time is done here on this earth, what kind of legacy do I want to leave behind.

That's the kind of question that requires a fair bit of thinking about but my initial gut reaction is as follows:

Do I want to build a great company that employs many people and builds something for generations to make their livelihoods from, like Sir Titus Salt?

Do I want to be an educational innovator like Margaret McMillan who was passionate about children's health and education?

Do I want to be a great leader who comes up with solutions to the problems facing our world; people like Bill Gates leading the Bill & Mellissa Gates Foundation seeking to address the causes of a range of issues and eradicating polio and malaria?

Do I want to lead a charity that relieves people of the burden of debt and introduces them to their Saviour like Matt Barlow, CEO of Christians Against Poverty?

Do I want to lead the country, navigating it through a difficult time to a place of economic prosperity where all people feel the benefits? 
(I'm not going to name a person for this one because it would colour the perspective depending on the political party and opinions about whoever I named.)

Do I want to be a well known worldwide evangelist like Smith Wigglesworth or a superb faith healer inspiring a movement such as the Healing Rooms like John G  Lake ?

You may not know who some of these people are and for that matter you may not even care but I think if I distill everything down all I really want to do is:

leave the world in a healthier place;
raise children who have lofty ideals and have massive vision for this world and their place in it;
work as hard as I can to get everything out of me while I am alive so that I don't die with untapped potential;
to share as much as I can with others so that individuals are able to work hard and provide for their families for generations to come.

I don't need to be recognised or remembered, no monuments built or earthly honours or anything like that but I do want to leave the world in a far better place than it currently is, so that I know people are going to live happier, healthier lives and know their true identities and be confident to achieve all that they can.

Just like Bill Gates who wants to eradicate polio and malaria and address poverty, I want to see the eradication of lack. I want to see an end to economic and spiritual poverty. I want to see an end to disease and an increase in better health outcomes and a closing of the gap between rich and poor. I want young and old, and different races and cultures to work well and live well together in harmony. I want to see an end to bitterness and disappoint and pain and loss. I want to see the acceptance that everyone is unique and therefore everyone is accepted and respected. I want to see health and wholeness. 

I want a lot and forgive my idealism but like Bill Gates if you focus on some ideals you may just achieve them!

I don't need to be like anyone else in particular but I do need to be myself and live out my reason for being, to the very best of my God given ability, knowing that I lived a life well so that if anyone knows me they can be inspired to live their lives well also and know that it's their turn, when my time is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment